Provides support and mediation services to individuals experiencing family violence. The services listed below are organized by problem type. If you need to talk to someone immediately, you can call one of the services listed below. If you have been a victim of crime, call the police on 000 if it is an emergency. If it is not an emergency, call the police helpline at 131 444. You can also call the Victim Services Victim Access Line or visit the website for information, support and referrals to other service providers: For legal advice on other matters or outside of WLS NSW counselling hours, please call LawAccess on 1300 888 529, Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. Many people who have experienced discrimination find it helpful to talk to a counsellor. To find the right counsellor for you, talk to your GP, local health centre or someone in one of the advocacy and support services listed in this toolkit. Check your local phone book if you are not sure where your nearest health centre is. If you are a woman, you can also get a free consultation at a women`s health center.

Contact Women`s Health NSW on or (02) 9560 0866 to find the nearest centre. If you require urgent legal advice, please contact LawAccess on 1300 888 529. The Women`s Legal Contact Line provides free confidential legal information and recommendations to women in New South Wales, with a focus on family law, domestic violence, sexual assault and discrimination. If DVPS is not available from your district court, WDVCAS staff can put you in touch with a private doctor who, if you are eligible, can represent you with a legal aid grant. Additional funding for community legal aid to Tasmanians through the election campaign and women`s budget statement […] Legal Aid NSW provides free legal advice and legal representation in court to eligible clients. Call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 or find the nearest Legal Aid NSW office in en/contact us Below is a list of some advocacy and support organizations. These services may be able to support you or refer you to someone who can. We put you in touch with a lawyer for legal advice.

Free confidential legal information, advice and recommendations for women in New South Wales, with a focus on domestic violence and domestic violence orders. How to Apply: Written applications that meet the selection criteria set out in the job description and attach your CV Contact person: Helen Campbell, 02 87456947, [email protected] Women`s Legal Service NSW is a municipal legal centre for disadvantaged women in New South Wales that advises and represents women in various areas of practice, including discrimination, family law, domestic violence, sexual assault and compensation for victims. You are currently looking for a lawyer for a temporary position. Providing easy-to-understand legal information publications WLS NSW provides personal legal advice through a range of outreach programmes. Unions can help their members solve problems in the workplace. For more information on unions, contact: The position includes legal advice, cases, community legal training, legal reform and advocacy for women. The position is located in the Sydney office and requires presence on construction sites, courts and prisons. WLS considers femininity to be a genuine professional qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Salary range: $75,738 – $102,592 per year.

Women`s Legal Service NSW offers flexible working arrangements and benefits. A strong voice for women in legal law and policy development If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please contact us via the National Relay Service: 133 677 (TTY/Voice) or 1300 555 727 (SSR) Free legal advice for women who have experienced sexual harassment, pregnancy-related discrimination or discrimination based on family commitments. The places listed below have specialized services for specific groups of people. If you are one of the groups listed, they can give you legal advice on any form of discrimination, regardless of where you live in New South Wales. Free confidential legal information, advice and recommendations for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in New South Wales, with a focus on domestic violence, sexual assault, parenting, family law, discrimination and victim support. Each health profession also has its own organization to which you can complain. If you want to know the name of one of these organizations, contact the Commission for Health Care Complaints. You can also search for other advocacy services offered by ADA Australia for older and disabled lawyers: Women`s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services (WDVCASs) helps women and children who experience or have experienced domestic and family violence to obtain effective legal protection from ADVOs. They can`t offer legal advice, but they can refer you to lawyers. The locations listed below may provide you with legal information, advice or assistance for any form of discrimination, regardless of where you live in New South Wales.

We appreciate feedback that helps us improve our service. You can call the manager at (02) 8745 6900 or write to us at the address above. Women`s Legal Service WA provides a range of legal support services to women in Western Australia who are in crisis or disadvantaged. Office hours: Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. This resource is designed to help women and families cope with FaCS when their children […] The places listed below can help you find a lawyer or lawyer to take care of your case for free or at low cost. Register to attend our Bright Spark Awards night and learn more about this year`s extraordinary women nominees. Make an appointment via the online booking form. WDVCAS can be found in 108 district courts in New South Wales. If your phone is connected to the internet, you will find the competent district court in New South Wales.

Advisory line: 02 8745 6999 (open Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:30, except Wednesday from 9:30 to 12:30) Women`s Legal Service Tasmania and Engender Equality are facing funding gaps or funding cuts without increased government investment. This […] We are looking for a financial advisor for a full-time or part-time contract position. There are many ways we can help ensure access to justice for women in Australia. The locations listed below deal with investigations and complaints about discrimination, victimization and threats of public violence. Between 13:30 and 16:30 from Monday to Thursday and from 9:30 to 12:30 on Tuesday and Friday Under the Domestic Violence Practitioner Scheme (DVPS), private lawyers are made available free of charge to assist women and children who are victims of domestic and domestic violence in court proceedings. For a list of the district courts in which the DVPS operates, see « I credit the hotline for saving my life from an abuser and giving me the facts I needed in an emergency to equip me to get out. » Domestic violence is one of the most prevalent human rights violations in Australia and around the world. […]. To find the nearest service, call Legal Aid Law Access NSW on 1300 888 529, TTY 1300 889 529 or visit the Legal Aid website to call your local domestic violence advocacy service for more information. Donate now. Ethical Jobs will DOUBLE it. Only one week! This information booklet deals with domestic violence and the law in New South Wales.

It is […] If you need an interpreter, call the telephone interpretation service on 131 450 and ask them to call us on (02) 8745 6900. For a detailed list of where you can file a complaint, see The locations listed below may be able to help you if you have a problem with an organization or department. Usually, you have to try to resolve your problem directly with the organization or department before you can go to one of these organizations. Click here to return to Who to talk about abuse If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, you may be able to get a free consultation with the Aboriginal Medical Service. Contact her at (02) 9319 5823. Supporting women and children in Tasmania for over 20 years.